One month to lift off, folks. So, let’s have some fun of the BEWARE THE WILD variety.
And since it’s not a party until someone says nice things about my debut novel, allow me to kick things off right with a trifecta:
“A lovely modern fairy tale as tangled and dark as the swamp it lurks in. Parker’s debut is American myth at its very best!” —Kiersten White, NYT bestselling author
“Parker has a nice touch with the Southern flavor of Sterling’s Louisiana town, steeped in superstition and silence…This engaging debut should enjoy a wide audience.” —Kirkus Reviews
“A creepy, atmospheric book that will draw readers in…Beware the Wild breathes new life into the teen supernatural genre.” —School Library Journal
Now, it’s a party. And I’ve made all sorts of goodies for you, including the GIFs above. I’m giving away bookmarks for marking books, book plates (of which there are two designs and you must pick only one, Highlander style), magnets for magging nets, and I <3 YA Books bumper stickers. All are absolutely free with your pre-order of BEWARE THE WILD.
This post is going to be long enough as is, so let’s get right to it. I’m celebrating in two ways:
1. FREE STUFF:
- Pre-order BEWARE THE WILD in hardback or ebook format from your favorite chain, independent, or online retailer, such as: IndieBound | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository
- Submit proof of purchase (email, scan, photo, etc. of your receipt) at email@example.com, along with a valid mailing address.
- On October 21st, 2014, you will be mailed a signed bookmark, your choice of a cherry blossom or gator head bookplate, a fancy schmancy magnet, and an I <3 YA Books bumper sticker. (NOTE: These bumperstickers will accompany me on the Roadside YA Tour in late October. The only ways to acquire these is to pre-order now or attend a tour event later).
- Submissions for the giveaway close October 20th, 2014 at 11:59pm PST.
Now, because BEWARE THE WILD and BLUE LILY, LILY BLUE come out on the very same day and because one day long ago Maggie said to me, “Parker, stop whinging and write something good,” it’s cosmically significant that I find myself in possession of one of the oh-so-rare ARCs of BLLB. To keep myself good with the cosmos, I’m passing this good fortune on to one of you.
In addition, I’m giving away a small bundle of some of my favorite collections of words. They are: THE PARABLE OF THE SOWER by Octavia Butler, SAVING FRANCESCA by Melina Marchetta, THE BOOK OF THREE by Lloyd Alexander, and THE DARK IS RISING by Susan Cooper.
One winner will get all 5 books.
2. BOOK PRIZE:
- Reblog this post and you will be automatically entered to win the stack of my favorite books along with the ARC of Maggie Stiefvater’s BLUE LILY, LILY BLUE. Only one reblog per person will be counted!
- Tweet some version of “Pre-order BEWARE THE WILD! Enter to win an ARC of BLUE LILIY, LILY BLUE! *include a link to this post here* #bewarethewild” for a bonus second entry. NOTE: Please use the hashtag so I can find it!
- For all the usual reasons, this contest is only open to those with a valid North American mailing address. (I wish it wasn’t so!)
- Submissions for the contest close September 30th, 2014 at 11:59pm PST.
- Just to be absolutely, 100%, no bones about it clear: no pre-order is necessary to enter this contest.
Good luck! Thank you! And So Say We All!
(cc: maggie-stiefvater kierstenwhite harpercollins epicreads onefourkidlit)